Piniy

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Tortellini Soup

Borrowed and sharing
Getting chilly in your neck of the woods? Enjoy this recipe for Tortellini Soup:
This is a great soup for a cold winter night, especially when you don't have a lot of time to make a "homemade" meal that takes forever. It's also a great way to get some vegetables in your diet, but in a yummy way! Serve with a little buttery toasted bread and you've got yourself a tasty supper. The best part is that it's even better the next day! Shelley
3T olive Oil
1 Clove garlic, minced
3 stalks, celery, chopped
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 onion diced
10 oz box frozen spinach (unthawed)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans water
32 oz chicken broth
Family size package of cheese or chicken tortellini, half cooked
1) Put olive oil in the bottom of a large soup/stock pan
2) Saute' garlic, celery, carrots and onions until tender
3) Add frozen spinach. Break up blocks of spinach as you cook
4) Continue to saute' until spinach thaws, then heats up
5) Add cream of chicken soup and water
6) Add chicken broth and then add tortellini
7) Heat and Serve
Note: It's better to eat it a few hours after it's made so the broth soaks up into the noodles. Better yet, make it the night before.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Best soup ever! I have made this twice and it has been a hit every time with my family. I substituted a can of milk for the water. It made it a little creamier. I also added in a little peppercorn pepper.

Anonymous said...

Mine came out horrible - had to throw out 5 quarts of soup!

My friend made it and his came out great!

Unknown said...

Have made this several times. I add chicken to mine. Love this soup!!

Unknown said...

Kids love it - did all chicken broth instead of water and also subbed cream for one of the cans of soup, and of course pepper!

Don the Diner said...

I am so glad you are enjoying this soup. I love soup no matter how hot it gets outside.

Unknown said...

I just made this soup and it's delicious. I would not change a thing about it, except that I did add some cracked peppercorns. Will definitely be making this again, thank you!

jbmo15 said...

I made this for dinner last night. My husband had 3 pasta bowls. I was going to offer some to my daughter and he said NO he wanted the left overs. So I think he really like this.
Judy

Unknown said...

This is the Best, especially when you are not feeling well. Seriously cures what ales you

Unknown said...

This is the Best, especially when you are not feeling well. Seriously cures what ales you