Piniy

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Apple Pie Cupcake


Apple Pie Cupcakes


I'm not a picky eater.  I actually love ALL kinds of food.  I always make my family rate something after I make it because I usually like things that I cook.  My girls think it is a fun game to play.  As these cupcakes were cooking, my 6 year old came into the kitchen and announced that she bet those were going to be a 5 (5 is the highest).  After I made the topping she took a bite and said that she was wrong.  These are a 6!  I must say I also voted them a 6.  They are AMAZING!
Apple Pie Cupcakes with Lucky Leaf Pie Filling
Ingredients:
1 can (21 oz) of Apple Lucky Leaf Pie Filling
8 pinches of ground cinnamon
8 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 can (12.4 oz) of refrigerated cinnamon rolls
whipped cream (I used cool whip)
caramel topping (optional)
Directions:
Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray 8 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
Open your cinnamon roll dough and spread them out on your counter.  You will want them to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes so they are easier to work with.
Flatten your dough so it is thin and it will be able to fill the majority of one of the muffin tin holes.
Next, you will want to fill your dough with the Lucky Leaf Apple Pie Filling. I used about 3 apple slices in each cup. I cut the sliced apples in half so they would fit better.
Add a pinch of Cinnamon on top of the apple filling. Add a pinch to all eight.
Add a Tablespoon of brown sugar on top of the cinnamon.  Add some brown sugar to each one.
Last, add a few walnuts on top of the brown sugar of each one.
Cook in the oven at 400 degrees for 8 to 12 minutes. You don't want them to burn and you don't want them doughy.
When they are done cooking take them out and let them cool for a few minutes.  Add your cool whip, more walnuts, and caramel sauce. Serve while they are warm!

No comments: