Creamy Frozen Root Beer Float Pie will quickly become a summertime favorite!Prep time: PT20M
Cook time: PT7M
Total time: PT12H0M
Yield: 10 Servings
- 1 2/3 cup Graham Crackers, Crushed (about 12 whole crackers)
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter, Melted
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup All-PurposeFlour
- 2 1/2 cups Root Beer
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 4 whole Egg Yolks, Whisked
- For Serving: Sweetenend Whip Cream And Maraschino Cherries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl add graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar, mix until well combined. Drizzle in melted butter and mix well. Press graham cracker mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate. Bake for 7 minutes or until light brown, cool completely.
- In a large saucepan whisk together 1/2 cup sugar and flour until well combined. Slowly pour in root beer and milk to prevent lumps. Bring mixture to a simmer while stirring and cook until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Whisk 1/2 cup at a time of cooked root beer mixture into egg yolks until 2 cups of root beer mixture has been added.
- Stir egg yolk mixture into root beer mixture and return to a simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Pour root beer mixture into baked graham cracker crust and refridgerate until cold.
- Freeze pie until frozen about 6-12 hours.
- Use a knife run under hot water and dried to slice pie. Serve with sweetenend whip cream and a cherry on top.