We all have that bottle of rubbing alcohol sitting in a cabinet somewhere. Did you know it is a great cleaniang product? Here's a few uses you probably never thought of.
USES FOR RUBBING ALCOHOL
• General All Purpose Laundry Spotter
Combine the following to make a generic spotter that works on a wide variety of stains: 1 Part Rubbing Alcohol 2 Parts water
If you use a large spray bottle you can add 1 bottle of alcohol and 2 of the alcohol bottles filled with water. Spray this on spots and spills. Wait a few minutes and launder as usual.
• Use undiluted rubbing alcohol on grass stains. Work in, let sit 10 minutes and launder as usual.
• To remove water spots and soap scum, wet a cloth or paper towel with rubbing alcohol and rub firmly. Buff with a soft cloth or dry papertowel.
• Rubbing alcohol is a great cleaner for the exterior of all appliances. Mix 2 part rubbing alcohol and 1 part water in a spray bottle. Spray on and buff clean.
• Before polishing shoes, rub with undiluted rubbing alcohol. The polish will go on smoother.
• Watercolor paint on carpet: Apply rubbing alcohol with a sponge, blotting the stained area. Turn the sponge as the stain is absorbed. Repeat until no more stain is being removed. To finish, blot with cold water and use paper towels to absorb moisture from carpet.
• Making your own windshield washer solvent:
Combine 1 quart of rubbing alcohol, 1 cup water and 2 tablespoons liquid dishwashing soap or laundry detergent. This should not freeze even at 30 degrees below zero.
• Tough Job Window Cleaner:
Combine 1 pint rubbing alcohol, 2 tablespoon ammonia and 2 tablespoons liquid dish soap. Apply to the window using a nylon-covered sponge, rinse and buff dry. Great for screen stains, hard-water spots and bird stains. This formula uses NO water.
This blog will be our place to share information on places where Jan, my wife and I have eaten or traveled and our comments as to how we enjoyed them. If you have any suggestions for us to try drop a note to us email@example.com. We will also share recipes I have found on the Internet. If you are looking for a recipe let me know and I will see if I have it in my collection.