If you like lemon, this is the best desert you will ever eat. Moist, tart, sweet, unbelievably good. Everyone who tastes it wants the recipe.
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup flour
2 eggs, large
2 Tablespoons lemon zest
2 Teaspoons lemon juice
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the tart lemon glaze:
4 Tablespoons lemon juice
8 Teaspoons lemon zest
1 rounded cup powdered sugar
NOTE: I love lemon, but this glaze is a little tart for me. I cut back the lemon juice to 2-3 Tablespoons and the zest to 5 teaspoons.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray an 8×8 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
3. Zest and juice two lemons and set aside
4. In the bowl of an electric mixture fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the flour, sugar, salt, and softened butter until combined.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined.
6. Pour it into the flour mixture and beat for 2 mins at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
7. Pour into baking dish and bake for 23-25 mins, should turn golden around the edges. Do not over bake or bars will be dry.
8. Allow to cool completely before glazing.
9. Sift the powdered sugar and whisk with lemon zest and juice.
10. Spread 1/2 the glaze over the brownies with a rubber spatula and let glaze set.
11. Spread 1/2 the glaze over the bars, and let it set. It doesn't harden but instead stays soft.
12. Cut into bars and serve.