Piniy

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Carrot Cake

Borrowed and Shareing 

To Die For Carrot Cake

To Die For Carrot Cake – The BEST Carrot Cake you’ll ever try! (…and it’s made with applesauce!)
Let’s be friends! Sign up to get my new recipes in your inbox! Follow me on Facebook and Instagram too!
To-Die-For Carrot Cake from MomOnTimeout.com | The BEST Carrot Cake you'll ever try! #recipe #cake #dessert
I can’t believe I’ve waited this long to share this recipe with you!  This is my Nana’s recipe {slightly modified} and it is sooo amazing!  I get requests several times a year for this To-Die-For Carrot Cakeand made it just last week for my sister’s birthday.  I love this recipe because it’s a one-two-three recipe and that makes it so easy!  The pineapple makes this cakes so moist and the addition of coconut adds a sweet, delicate flavor that you’re going to love!
My Nana’s recipe is super simple and tastes incredible but what’s a carrot cake without cream cheese frosting??
In the interest of full disclosure, I ALWAYS double this recipe.  We love our cream cheese frosting and although I never use it all, it’s amazing on top of graham crackers.  That’s how my Nana would serve it to us for snacks ;)
Invert the cake onto a cake plate or stand.
Apply a generous dollop of frosting and spread…
Gently place the second cake on top…
and continue frosting.
Sometimes if the cake is crumbly, I’ll do a crumb coat.  If I’m in a hurry or don’t think it’s going to be an issue, I’ll skip this step.
You can decorate the cake however you want {of course!} and I do it differently every time.  I left out the nuts in this recipe and opted to decorate with them instead.  I chopped up some pecans…
…and then inverted a bowl onto the cake.  I spread the pecans around the bowl…
and ended up with a nice clean circle on the center of the cake.
I could have left it like this but my family loves coconut so I filled in the center with shredded coconut.  Turned out really pretty!
Now all we needed was some candles…
And a birthday girl to blow them out…
What a cake!!
I’d love for you to give this recipe a try – it really will blow your mind!  I like to use light cream cheese frosting and then subbing the applesauce for the oil, well, obviously you can now have two pieces of cake ;)
To-Die-For Carrot Cake {Recipe}
Author: 
Recipe type: Dessert
Ingredients
Cake:
    One
    • 1¼ cups unsweetened applesauce (or oil, this is what my Nana used)
    • 2 cups sugar
    • 3 eggs
    Two
    • 2 cups flour
    • 1 tsp baking soda
    • 1½ tsp baking powder
    • ½ tsp salt
    • 1 tsp cinnamon
    Three
    • 2 cups grated carrots
    • 1 cup coconut
    • 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
    • 1 tsp vanilla
    • 1 cup Dole crushed pineapple (not drained!) {use the pineapple in JUICE not syrup}
    Cream Cheese Frosting:
    • ½ cup butter (softened)
    • 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
    • 1 tsp vanilla
    • 1 lb powdered sugar
    Instructions
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2. Combine #1 ingredients. Add #2 ingredients. Stir in #3 ingredients.
    3. Pour into a lightly greased 9 x 13 or two 8 or 9-inch pans.
    4. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cakes cool completely!
    For the frosting:
    1. Beat the butter and cream cheese until nice and fluffy. Add in the vanilla and powdered sugar and beat until nice and smooth. In the interest of full disclosure, I ALWAYS double this recipe. We love our cream cheese frosting and although I never use it all, it's amazing on top of graham crackers. That's how my Nana would serve it to us for snacks ;)
    2. Invert the cake onto a cake plate or stand.
    3. Apply a generous dollop of frosting and spread...
    4. Gently place the second cake on top and continue frosting.
    5. Sometimes if the cake is crumbly, I'll do a crumb coat. If I'm in a hurry or don't think it's going to be an issue, I'll skip this step.

    No comments: