Borrowed and Shareing
How do you take an ordinary roasted chicken recipe and turn it into something extraordinary that's going to get lots of oohs and aahs? Easy - you top it with lots of bacon! Our Bacon Roasted Chicken is sure to be a hit with everyone, 'cause it's so moist, flavorful, and, well...there's bacon involved!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds)
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
- 8 strips raw bacon
- 1 cup chicken broth
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place a roasting rack in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, paprika, salt, and pepper; mix well. Rub mixture over entire chicken and place in roasting pan. Place onion in cavity of chicken.
- Lay 4 strips of bacon on top of the chicken on a diagonal. Lay the remaining bacon strips in the opposite direction, creating a basket weave effect. Pour chicken broth into roasting pan; do not pour over chicken.
- Bake chicken 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours, or until juices run clear or a meat thermometer inserted in thigh reaches 180 degrees F., basting occasionally with broth.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Chicken/Bacon-Roasted-Chicken#ThO4lffgayq7zzzv.99