Orange Dreamsicle Bread
This bread is heavenly! Delicious orange flavor paired with a cream cheese filling and creamy frosting- it is truly a must make recipe!
Recipe type: Dessert, Bread
- 1⅓ cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1¼ cups milk
- 2¼ cups sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 3 teaspoons orange extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- Orange Food Coloring (optional)
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Orange extract
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 3 (8x4 inch) loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat oil, eggs, milk, sugar, orange juice and orange extract until smooth.
- Add in flour, salt and baking powder and mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in orange food coloring a drop at a time until desired orange color is reached. You can omit the food coloring if you want to, it just makes the bread appear orange like traditional orange dreamsicles.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and flour.
- Fill loaf pans each with ⅙ of the batter.
- Spoon ⅓ of the cream cheese filling onto the top of each loaf pan. Swirl in cream cheese filling by cutting it in with a knife.
- Pour ⅓ of the remaining batter onto the tops of each loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cream butter in a medium bowl. Add in powdered sugar, orange extract and heavy whipping cream. Beat until smooth.
- Frost the tops of each cooled loaf.