Piniy

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Fluffy Low Carb Biscuits


Fluffy Low Carb Biscuits


Click to enlarge
Fluffy Low Carb Biscuits

The poster I snagged from share these remarks I just snagged and shared
I kid you not, these are hands down the lightest, fluffiest, best biscuits I’ve made in 40 years!  And man, my husband will tell ya, I’ve been trying to find a good biscuit recipe for the entire time I’ve been married!!!  Who would have ever thought the best would end up being a low-carb recipe?!  :)  They can’t shine a light to Frankie Williamson’s at Professional Bldg. Pharmacy snack counter in Galveston, TX (my benchmark of melt-in-your-mouth buttermilk biscuits), but pretty darn good considering they are not made with real flour.
My inspiration was Jennifer Eloff’s focaccia bread recipe, which I tweaked a bit.  I just made the resulting batter into drop biscuits and man were they good!  These are not suitable until the grains rung of OWL because of my CarbQuick addition.  If you use all Jennifer’s Gluteln-Free bake bix and no CarbQuick, they would be suitable once you get to Atkins Phase 2 OWL nuts & seeds rung of the carb re-introduction ladder.  This change would also make them gluten-free.
VARIATION:  If you substitute cheddar cheese for the Parmesan, and add a pinch of garlic powder, these are more like Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits!
More delicious low-carb recipes can be at your fingertips with your very own set of Jennifer Eloff and friends’ best-selling cookbooks LOW CARBING AMONG FRIENDS.  She has collaborated with famous low-carb Chef George Stella and several other talented chefs to bring you a wealth of delicious recipes you are going to want to try.  Even a few of my recipes are in her cookbooks! Order your 5-volume set TODAY! (available individually) from Amazonor: http://amongfriends.us/order.php
DISCLAIMER: I do not get paid for this book promotion or for the inclusion of my recipes therein.  I do so merely because they are GREAT cookbooks any low-carb cook would be proud to add to their cookbook collection
INGREDIENTS:
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
¼ c. CarbQuick  bake mix (substitute ¼ c. more Jennifer’s mix for gluten-free)
1 T. Parmesan Cheese, grated
½ c. Monterrey Jack Cheese, grated
½ tsp. each baking powder and baking soda
dash salt
1 T. olive oil
DIRECTIONS:   Preheat oven to 350Âș.  Soften cream cheese and beat in the eggs.  Add all remaining ingredients and beat well.  Dip onto parchment lined baking sheet, forming 9 large drop biscuits.   Pop into preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes or until nicely browned.
NUTRITIONAL INFO:  Makes 9 large biscuits, each containing:
134.5 calories
11.9 g  fat
4.04 g  carbs, 2.04 g fiber, 2.0 NET CARBS
7.56 g  protein
199 mg sodium

No comments: