Piniy

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Oven Roasted Cauliflower

Oven Roasted Cauliflower



From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...I've been testing some new vegetable recipes for the Thanksgiving holiday. Most of them involve roasting vegetables that are topped with a separately prepared sauce just prior to serving. While they have all been delicious, I think they add an unnecessary layer of complication to an already busy meal. So, I kept refining my search and found a recipe for roasted cauliflower that had been developed by Emeril LaGasse. After an initial testing, I made a few modifications to his recipe and came up with the one I'm sharing with you today. Cauliflower prepared in this fashion is really delicious. I do, however, think the flavors are too strong to serve with turkey and the other elements of a traditional Thanksgiving meal. Having said that, I have no hesitation about serving it with pork, beef or lamb. I love the simplicity of this dish and the ease with which it can prepared. I will make it often. I hope you, too, will give it a try. Here's the recipe. 

Oven Roasted Cauliflower...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite inspired by Emeril LaGasse
Ingredients:
1 medium head cauliflower (about 2-1/4 pounds), trimmed and cut into florets
3 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
campaignIcon Recipes

1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
campaignIcon Recipes

1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Directions: 

Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Combine cauliflower and garlic in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Transfer, in a single layer, to a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast at 450 degrees F for about 25 minutes, stirring once. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately Yield: 6 servings.

No comments: