Garlic Rubbed Roasted Cabbage Steaks
If you love cabbage, you are going to freak out about how good this is. Now, if you are on the fence about cabbage, you need to try this because this might be the recipe that converts you to a cabbage lover.
SHARE to save to your wall for to make later!
This is a simple side dish worthy of a dinner party and couldn’t be easier to make. Four ingredients, a couple of minutes to prepare and toss in the oven for an hour.
1 (approx 2lb) head of organic green cabbage, cut into 1″ thick slices
1.5 tablespoons olive oil
2 to 3 large garlic cloves, smashed
freshly ground black pepper
spray olive oil OR non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Pull outer leaf off cabbage (it’s usually dirty and nasty looking), cut cabbage from top to bottom (bottom being root) into 1″ thick slices.
2. Rub both sides of cabbage with smashed garlic.
3. Use a pastry brush to evenly spread the olive oil over both sides of the cabbage slices.
4. Finally, sprinkle each side with a bit of kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
5. Roast on the middle rack for 30 minutes. Carefully flip the cabbage steaks and roast for an additional 30 minutes until edges are brown and crispy.
Serve hot and Enjoy!
SHARE TO SAVE ON YOUR OWN TIMELINE.
This blog will be our place to share information on places where Jan, my wife and I have eaten or traveled and our comments as to how we enjoyed them. If you have any suggestions for us to try drop a note to us firstname.lastname@example.org. We will also share recipes I have found on the Internet. If you are looking for a recipe let me know and I will see if I have it in my collection.